Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Scripture,Scripture,Scripture

As one might know, I am a missionary and love it. It is awesome to do what the Lord has called us into the world to do which states in Psalm 34: 3 "Glorify the LORD with me; let us exalt his name together." I like this verse because it means a lot to me because, as a missionary, I want people to understand why I do what I do. Yes, a lot of people hate me for spreading the Word; however, that is part of the risk I am willing to take. I would rather have 1,000 people hate me and one person love me because I converted them, than have no one hate me and me not convert anyone. A lot of people would rather have the second option, but as long as I am making the Lord happy, and am doing what he want he wants me to do, then I do not care if anyone hates me. Another verse I like is Jeremiah 29:11 which states "For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." I feel like this verse always gives me something to lean on when I am wondering about whether or not I should go on a trip or not. I think it is important for people to know this verse because it gives people a lot of hope, even when times are really bad.

No comments: